What is it?
This group is facilitated by a qualified counsellor and is designed for men seeking to overcome lust/sex/porn addiction, and walk in their identity and destiny. The group’s philosophy is that by choosing to be honest and vulnerable with others about our addictive struggles, and facing the issues underpinning them, we can gain freedom from their power. This allows us to discover who we are, and walk in our destiny. The group is based on a group therapy model, which encourages sharing and interaction, allowing the issues and needs of each participant to emerge, for the purpose of personal insight and healing.
Honesty: “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-32
Vulnerability: “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Mt 18:19-20
Identity: “They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.” Is 61:3
Destiny: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11
Testimonies from group members:
"This group has helped me to transform my life from a man who was scared and angry all the time, to someone who is now confident in who he is in Christ and trusting daily in his grace."
"Attending Inside Outers has confirmed to me that what was going on inside of me needed to be confronted, that my life of lust was not working for me, but that there was a path in front of me that I needed to choose to walk on if I wanted freedom."
"It has helped me to discover that porn and lust were the fruits of much deeper issues in my character. Through being vulnerable and honest, God has pulled me out of the dark place of fear and anger and taught me to live for him and trust in his goodness every day."
When does the next group start?
Wednesday 26th of June to Wednesday 14th of August.
How long does it go for?
1 evening a week over 8 weeks. Plus a follow up session 8 weeks after the group finishes.
How many in the group?
Maximum of 8 people
Where is it held?
Life Builders Inc, Transformation Centre, 165 Rooks Rd, Vermont, 3135
What to expect
- The group is facilitated by a fully trained counsellor.
- A confidential and safe space.
- The group is not a program, instead the content of the sessions will depend on what each person brings to the group. This allows the group freedom to go in the direction that it needs to.
- It is a self-motivated group. Meaning that each person is responsible for what they want to share and want to achieve in the group.
- Expect to feel a little uncomfortable, however this is normal and necessary for change to occur.
Who is the group for?
- Christian men seeking freedom from lust/sex/porn addiction.
- Those that maybe struggling with porn but don’t have a safe place to talk about it.
- For people that want to become my self-aware, and get in touch with the issues that may be driving the addictive behaviour.
- For those that want freedom from addiction, and be empowered to follow their calling on their life.
Registrations & Enquiries (Form Below)
(03) 8802 0774
0432 584 231
About the facilitator
Scott is an engaging qualified counsellor with experience and deep insight, gently getting through to the heart of issues. His passion is assisting people to find new areas of freedom. His areas of special interest are helping people struggling with addictions, together with their family, and those with co-dependency and co-addiction issues.